Thursday, May 31, 2007

Leo


In the same loving tone that made Shane Lewis have a dog on a stick on his latest post, I now share with you my love of the canine as well.

Leo was my favorite dog I've every had. Admittedly I have really ever only had 3 dogs but he was great. He annoyed my wife some with all the slobber, his large size, the whining, the snoring, his almost dying after having eaten rat poison in the garage and all the money spent to save him but he was great just the same. We named him after a waiter at this place we ate at a couple of times near Venice, Italy.

We only had Leo for two years because he was born with deformed hocks and eventually because of the weight he gained, due to his being a neo mastiff, had to be put to sleep. Leo loved to chew on my hand, Kristen's grad school books, and 2 litter bottles.

Sure he cost a lot, initial costs, food, vet fees, books, diet cokes, two of my fingers and three of my toes... but what you going to do, man's best friend ya know.

Leo, I salute you!

4 Comments:

Blogger S.T. Lewis said...

Hey... I don't have anything against dogs. I like them... just in a very different way than dragons like them. Dragons like them lightly toasted. I like them slightly drooly. My step-sister just got one of these dogs. It's not freaking huge yet, but it will be by tonight.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Nathan Lindsay said...

sorry to hear about your bear. Roy Rogers stuffed his horse after he died...so there's an option.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Rob Au said...

I hear you... I have two dogs. I love them both. And yet I can't stand them at the same time. Sadly we are needing to move and we are not finding anywhere in lala land that takes dogs and meets our needs. So they may be finding a new home. So if anyone is looking! Kelly... you could have them! Haha

11:44 AM  
Blogger Blake Loosli said...

You forgot to mention his love of salisbury steak TV dinners.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home